Instructions for Sharpening a Lawn Mower Blade:1. Before you begin, remove the spark plug from the mower. Then remove the blade, wear at least one heavy duty work glove to protect yourself from the sharp edge of the blade.
2. Place the mower blade into a vise. Using the Dremel Blade Sharpening Kit, grind the blade, removing as little metal as possible with the grinding stone.
3. Clean dirt and debris from the blade and then check the balance. A balanced blade will stay level when suspended from a screwdriver inserted through the center hole.
4. To restore blade balance, remove some metal from the heavy end of the blade. Do not grind more on the cutting edge.
5. Put the lawn mower blade back on the lawn mower, being sure to wear heavy gloves to avoid getting cut by the sharp blade.
6. Replace the spark plug only after the blade is properly in place.
With a freshly-sharpened lawn mower blade, your lawn can grow to its full potential.